Nowadays I get to know more and more couples who plan to get married during winter time. In Finland it seems to be a popular choice and the are some very good reasons behind it. A winter wedding is different, it is beautiful (especially if it´s snowing), you have a better chance booking your dream venue, plus you don´t really need to stress about the weather. On the other hand you might find it harder to choose the color palette that fits the season as well. As a little help, I gathered here some tips for you to create the perfect wedding hues.
- If you have already found the venue, take a look around and imagine what style, patterns, textures and colors would fit it the best.
- If the restaurant/ballroom has dominantly dark colors, bring some light in with lighter shades.
- No decoration looks good in the dark, so add candles and string lights to set a warm, welcoming feeling. Instead of one big lamp, use several smaller light sources.
- If you have an absolute favourite shade, go for it. As colors go well in pair, pick an opposite hue from the color wheel, or pick a neutral one with it. This way the composition will be in balance.
- Don´t use way too many colors, 2-4 is the the ideal number. Using less colors creates a cohesive flow to your decorations and stationery without being too flat or too forced.
- Metallic hues go with winter season hand in hand. Now it´s a good time to use silver, gold, brass or bronze.
- Checking the textures and patterns you´re using is just as important as choosing the right colors. Before you make decisions, try to match them together to see if they look good side by side or not.
- Don´t overdo it, keep it simple.
- Get inspired by the magazines, Pinterest or wedding bloggers. There are some pretty amazing ideas out there. 😉
I hope that these tips were helpful to you. To the end let me show you some popular color combinations for the winter season. 🙂
Navy blue and gold
Dusty blue and white
Buttercream, red and green