Probably it´s no news anymore that Pantone picked rose quartz and serenity blue as colors of 2016. However the year has just started, so why not still talk about it? I´m personally glad to see that this year´s winner hues are softer and the tones are pastel. 🙂 As I am a big fan of “color blending”, I think it´s a very nice touch of the Color Institute to choose two complementary hues that can be washed together in countless ways.
Picking the color of the year is an interesting topic for lots of designers and wedding professionals, so I have been very curious to see how they envision these two tones mixing. Based on some of the many ideas I found on the Internet (e.g. Style me Pretty, The Knot), I thought I´d put together here some wedding color – boards too with a few tips.
My tips about rose quartz and serenity blue:
- The two hues are complementary, so you can easily combine them in millions of ways.
- Just like I mentioned in a previous post, using different textures is a big “Yes-Yes” here as well. 🙂
- Rose quartz is almost a neutral color, so mixing it with something bolder, like fig, lint or thyme can bring out a very nice color combination.
- Serenity blue looks awesome with very strong, bright, rich colors. Try it next to vivid green, yellow or ruby red.
- Check the wide range of flower options with these two hues. If you want to keep your wedding simple with no extra decoration, a subtle rose-quartz and serenity-colored centerpiece or bouquet can be a nice touch.
Serenity blue palette:
I hope these tips were helpful and maybe the boards gave some ideas to you too.
Happy planning! 🙂